Thursday, March 19, 2009

See no evil

There is a criminal trial going on in Austria right now which is grabbing a lot of headlines both for the sensational nature of its trial and the gruesomeness of the actual crime itself. I came across an in depth article of the crime at the link below, and I was gripped with a sense of utter despondency while reading its description:
http://www.hotklix.com/?ref=link/484439

Although I have been confronted with the concept of what I thought was pure evil before, this was the most recent one which I came across. I always wonder.. to what extent are we capable of cruelty to another person? Examples I have heard and read of seems to point to a limitless capability for the same. And you cant help wondering... can anyone be driven to that extent by their inner demons and desires?

No comments: